How to Change Name in Aadhar Card Online 2022 | how to change name in aadhar card Aadhar card name or surname change
Do you want to change your name in Aadhar card? If yes, then definitely read this post. I am going to tell how to change aadhar card name both online and offline. Through this post, you can also change the title of your name (Surname) online sitting at home or by visiting the nearest Aadhar Update Center.
To correct the name in the Aadhar card, you will have to provide any one proof of identity (POI) in the document proof. If, you do not have any valid document, then there is also a way, which you will find at the end of this article.
Many times it happens that people do not get their name, title or surname added during the new Aadhar enrollment, due to which many problems have to be faced. If you are also one of them, then do not worry, there is a solution for this too. To update your surname also the same process is followed as we do during our full name update.
Whether you want to change Aadhar Card Name or add surname. Any kind of update related to name, you will find here the simple and genuine way for everyone, Jixo can get rid of wrong name in any of your Aadhar card by getting a new name changed.
What is required to update name in Aadhar:
- Aadhar Card (if not available then download e-Aadhar online)
- One document proof (read below for more details)
- AADHAR CARD MOBILE NUMBER (for online name change)
- Aadhar Card Certificate Form (If, you do not have any valid document)
- Appointment Slip (if you want to correct your name by visiting the nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra offline)
Now, Aadhar Card Correction Form is not required as the whole process is done online, even if it is needed, the Aadhar Center will provide this form to you free of cost.
How to change name in aadhar card online
You can improve your name and surname in your Aadhar card online through UIDAI’s SSUP (Self Service Update Portal), that too sitting at home. Follow the steps given below to change Aadhar card name online:
Also Read: How to update aadhar card Biometric Data
- Visit the UIDAI site: https://uidai.gov.in/
- Click on “Update Demographics Data & Check Status” below the Update Aadhar section.
- Click on “Login” option
- Type your 12-Digit Aadhar Card Number.
- Enter the captcha code and click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter OTP and click on login button.
- Click on Update Aadhar Details.
- Scroll down and click on “Proceed to Update Aadhar” option.
- Select the Name option and click on Proceed to Update basis.
- Below New Name, type your new name in English.
- Your new name will automatically change in Hindi below.
- Below Select Valid Supporting Document, select the name of any one valid document.
- Now, upload the document proof by clicking on “View Details & Upload Document”.
- Next after the name change document proof pdf file is uploaded.
- Check your new name in English and Hindi language.
- If there is any mistake then correct it by clicking on Edit.
- Tick mark both the terms and conditions and click on Next.
- “I hereby confirm….” Tick mark it and click on Make Payment.
- Now, complete the online payment of Rs.50.
- Aadhar Card Name / Surname Change Request Receipt will be shown once the online payment is successful.
- Click on “Download Acknowledgment” to download Aadhar Name Online Update Receipt.
- congratulation! You have applied online for Aadhar Card Name Change.
Once the payment is complete, an Acknowledgment Receipt will be printed on your computer screen. URN Number is printed in Aadhar Card Correction Receipt through which you will be able to check Aadhar Card Name Change Status online. Before correcting the name in Aadhar card, you need to keep some things in mind like you can change your name only three times and you have to upload a valid document proof. The size of the document you will upload should be less than 2MB and in PDF format.
How to Update Name in Aadhar Card (Offline)
First of all, take out the Aadhar Card Correction Form and fill it. Fill your correct name and surname (Title), Aadhar number in the form. It is not necessary to fill all the other boxes. Now, locate your nearest Aadhar Card Update Center. Lastly, take the document proof and go to the Aadhar center to correct the Aadhar card name.
Please note, if there is an Aadhar Seva Kendra near you, then you can book your appointment online. You will not have to stand in long queues after making your Aadhar Seva Kendra online appointment. You will be given the appointment number, timing and other required information in advance.
After the name correction in the Aadhar update center, you will be given a receipt, in which the enrollment number and time (date and time) will be printed. Through this Acknowledgment Slip, you will be able to check your Aadhar Card Correction Status online. When, it is confirmed that your name has been corrected in the Aadhar card, then go to the official site of UIDAI and download the new Aadhar card PDF. If you are not able to do Aadhar card name change status on your own, then visit the Aadhar center again and give the receipt to the enrollment operator. Aadhar operator will track the status online and let you know.
Still, if you are facing difficulty in understanding the process of correcting your Aadhar name, then read the points given below thoroughly:
- Carry your Aadhar Card (Original and one Xerox copy).
- Download and fill the Aadhar update form from the UIDAI site. (also available on this website)
- Any one valid Document Proof (POI) in which your correct name is printed.
- Locate your nearest Aadhar Update Center.
- Now, take all the documents and visit the Aadhar Update Center.
- Give all the documents to the enrollment operator sitting in the Aadhar center and ask them to change the name.
- Lastly, the operator will send the request to update the name and will give you the enrollment receipt.
- Done, what to do after this, I have already told well.
You have to follow the process given above when you get your name corrected offline i.e. without going to the Aadhar center without any appointment. If you want to change your name by going to Aadhar Seva Kendra by booking an appointment online in advance, then follow the steps given below:
How to Change or Correct the Name in Aadhar Card by Visiting Nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra by Taking Online Appointment:
- Visit this link: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/bookappointment.aspx
- Select your nearest city under Select City/Location.
- After selecting the city, click on “Proceed to Book Appointment”.
- Enter your mobile number and captcha code.
- Click on Get OTP option.
- 6-digit OTP will come, enter it and click on “Verify OTP”.
- In Select Enrollment Type, select Update Existing Aadhar Details.
- Enter your Aadhar card number and name.
- Select the Name option.
- Type your full name below New Name
- In Proof Of Identity, select any one ID proof that you have.
- After selecting your correct new name and ID proof, click on Preview.
- Check your newly updated name in the preview and confirm it.
- Select your state, city and branch.
- Select Cash or Online Payment in Payment Type as per convenience.
- Now, select the appointment date and time as per the convenience and click Next.
- Your Aadhar card name change appointment has been fixed.
- Click on Print Appointment Slip to download Appointment Slip PDF.
Get the appointment slip printed out and visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra on the allotted date and time. Keep in mind that you also have to take your Aadhar Card and Original ID Proof along with it. If you want, you can also do the above process from mAadhar App on mobile phone.
What are the documents required to change name in Aadhar card?
Where, to change the name in Aadhar card, you will have to provide any one identity proof such as voter card, ration card, passport, bank passbook, ATM card, credit card, legal name change letter, etc. For complete Aadhar Name Correction ID Proof List read this post: What Documents Required to Change Your Name in Aadhar Card.
If, you do not have any proof to change name or add surname in Aadhar card, then you can use Aadhar Card Certificate Form. The thing is, for updating the name, a charge of Rs 50 is charged from you.
I hope that now you will not face any problem in correcting your Aadhar card name or surname, whether the method of changing the name is online or offline. If you are still facing any problem then comment below to get suitable solution. For more information related to Aadhar Name Correction, read the FAQs given below.
How to Correct Your Name in Aadhar Card?
In this post I have explained very well how the full name of Aadhar card can be corrected. You can get your name corrected by following online and offline method
Can the name in Aadhar card be corrected online?
Yes, any Aadhaar holder can correct his name or surname online. You can change Aadhar card name sitting at home through UIDAI’s Self Service Update MyAadhar Portal.
How to update my surname in Aadhar card?
You can easily change or correct your surname in Aadhar card. Read this article to know the complete process of adding a surname or title.
What is the charge for Aadhar card name correction?
UIDAI has kept a charge of Rs 50 for name change. Do not pay more than this. Visit UIDAI’s site for official charges for Aadhaar Update Service.
How to Change Name in Aadhar Card from Mobile Phone?
If you do not have a computer or laptop, then install mAadhar App in your smartphone and login. After login, add your aadhaar in mAadhaar app and then apply for name correction.
Can I change my name in Aadhar card without any proof?
Yes, if you do not have any ID proof to change name in Aadhar card then can use Aadhar Card Certificate Form